Nursing Continuing Education Development and Research
The nursing education unit of Al-Ahli Hospital distinguishes itself as a leader among academic health centers in redefining health care delivery and is renowned for the passion of its people. It associates in providing excellence, noble care to the guests it serves in the community. We equip our nursing team to succeed in its challenging environment; we are committed to work collaboratively as partners with our professional colleagues.
- We prepare the Education calendar for nursing program every year (check the calendar for 2010).
- In- services lectures, demonstrations and re-demonstrations are coordinated by Nursing Education in each specialty like mock code, emergency procedures and various procedures & competencies pertaining to the each nursing area. In-service planner is developed at the beginning for the whole year.
- Al-Ahli Hospital Education Department co-ordinates with other health sectors like Hammad international Training Center (HITC), North Atlantic College (NAC) and Calgary University.
The following are the courses organized:
- HITC - Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Immediate Life Support (ILS).
- NAC - Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Pediatric Life Support (PLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Procedure (NRP) to be confirm with in this year.
- Calgary University - Preceptor ship for their students and clinical placement of graduates students at Al-Ahli Hospital.
Collaborated educational Activities:
- Extensive collaboration among nursing Education and Medical and paramedical staffs are done to gain insights and skills of both groups and this is critical for evaluating the recommendations and their implications for practice, for filling gaps in research, and for influencing significant health system change.