The ENT Surgery Department at Al-Ahli Hospital is staffed with western trained and highly qualified physicians. They provide the most up-to-date methods for diagnosis, MEDICAL and SURGICAL treatment and rehabilitation of guests with diseases of the Ear, Nose Throat, Head and Neck, including allergy and disorders of the upper respiratory system, in both ADULTS and CHILDREN at any age. The department works closely with other medical and surgical specialties to provide a multidisciplinary approach for the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of disorders.
OUTPATIENT CLINIC SERVICES :
- Endoscopic diagnosis and surgical treatment of various disorders of the nose and paranasal sinuses that affect breathing and sinus health, sleep disorders and snoring.
- A complete set of endoscopes, both rigid and flexible, for full evaluation of the upper airway.
- Surgical removal of Ear/Nose/ Throat/Head and Neck, and Facial Skin Tumors.
- Advanced Examination of the vocal cords and evaluation of important acoustical properties of the voice.
- Evaluation and treatment of various headache sub-types.
- Microscopic and Endoscopic ear evaluation for precise diagnosis of different ear problems, plus hearing and ears evaluation tests.
- The clinic is equipped with the latest high resolution video and documentation system for endoscopic and microscopic applications. This will ensure an outstanding image quality for optimum diagnosis and facilitate archiving of clinical findings for further use during follow up evaluations.
OUTPATIENT CLINIC PROCEDURES :
- Radiofrequency assisted Somnoplasty procedures for managing cases of snoring, sleep apnea and breathing problems, as out-patient clinic procedures. It is minimally invasive, safe, and effective method, causing much less pain compared to classical surgery, and avoids general anesthesia.
- Excision of head, neck and face skin tumors with reconstruction, scar revisions, abscesses and hematomas drainage.
- Insertion of ear ventilation tubes to treat middle and inner ears problems.
- Various endoscopic Ear, Nose and Throat procedures including: control of nasal bleeding, removal of foreign bodies, excision of nasal airway adhesions and polyps.
- Management of head, neck and face lacerations/ injuries/ trauma.
OPERATIVE PROCEDURES :
- Radiofrequency-assisted latest Somnoplasty and Coblation procedures for nose/palate/ tonsils and adenoids, for patients with snoring, obstructed breathing, and sleep apnea, without surgery, with minimal pain and with very fast recovery and return to normal diet.
- Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery with state-of-the art equipments for treating a wide variety of inflammatory disorders of the nose and paranasal sinuses, including chronic refractory sinusitis and nasal polyposis.
Advanced Endoscopic procedures include:
- Endoscopic Septoplasty and Turbinoplasty for treatment of chronic nasal obstruction, and repair of Septal perforations.
- Minimally invasive approaches to the paranasal sinus.
- Endoscopic resection of tumors of the nose and the paranasal sinuses.
- Endoscopic treatment of Epiphoria (in collaboration with Ophthalmology).
- Endoscopic repair of skull base defects.
- Endoscopic treatment of nasal bleeding.
- Endoscopic approach to the pituitary gland (in collaboration with Neurosurgery).
- Endoscopic repair of congenital nasal anomalies.
- Bronchoscopy/ Tracheoscopy / and Esophagoscopy, both diagnostic and for removal of foreign bodies.
- Facial reconstructive surgeries, including Rhinoplasty, Otoplasty, Scar Revisions, and repair of facial defects.
- Care of the professional voice including phonosurgical procedures for excision of vocal cord nodules, polyps, and for the management of vocal cord mobility disorders.
- Microscopic ear surgery for the treatment of ear infections in children and adults including different types of ventilation tubes placement, repair of eardrum perforations and surgical correction of hearing disorders.
- Management of salivary disorders using open surgical procedures and endoscopic technology (Sialendoscopy)
- Head and neck surgical oncology with reconstructive procedures.
- Management of head and neck and facial trauma.